NETWORK ENGINEERING PROFESSIONAL
Network Professional with technical and leadership experience in Information Systems; Engineering, Design, Analysis, Monitoring, implementing, migrating and Management in Telecommunications.
Manage key projects including core network components for the 5G, FiOS and Video on Demand.
Manage and train large team of consultants and vendors.
Provide executive reports to upper management.
Prepare key deliverable document such as SOW, MOP, Network Architecture and Design.
Accelerate velocity in the capacity planning, qualification, and proposals of telecom products and services.
Collaborate with internal and external projects’ leadership.
Proactively work hands-on routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls and provide guidance to team members.
Implement technical projects to execute FOA (First Office Application), based on FOA build MOP (Method of Procedure).
MS Information System Management, George Washington University – Washington, DC
BS Electrical Engineering, George Mason University – Fairfax, Virginia
Provide senior level technical leadership for Change Management and mission critical 24/7 Network infrastructure.
Responsible for Contract support and Management.
Network Operating Systems:
Cisco IOS, Juniper Junos, Palo Alto, F5, Aristo OE, Netscreen, Altion, UNIX/Linux and Microsoft
Cisco: ASR100x,7600, 4500’s, 4331, 3800, 3600, 2900, 2800, 2600
Cisco: 6500, 4500,3600, 3500, 2900
Arista: 7010, 7280’s
Palo Alto , Juniper Netscreen and F5
F5 and Altion
Visio and Power Point
BGP, MPLS, OSPF, IS-IS, EIGRP, Rip, IPv6 and IPv4,IPSEC, VPN, GRE
802.1q, STP, RSTP, MSTP, VLAN
F5 Firewall security, Checkpoint Firewall security, Palo Alto port scanner and Network General Sniffers
Solarwinds, InfoVista, Smarts and CiscoWorks
Microsoft Project, Excel and Word
HISTORY and PROJECTS
Verizon Communications (Dallas, Texas)
Role: Lead Network Engineer (Jun. 2004 – Dec. 2018)
Technical project lead; Responsible for deliverables: Network routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers and term servers; Manage contractors and vendors; Prepare technical documentation; Provide executive reports; Troubleshoot circuits with service provider; Plan, analyze and execute network capacity utilizing performance tools.
Network team lead roles and responsibilities
- Analyze current network infrastructure with architecture team, provide solution and do FOA with Vendor providers.
- Create MOPs based on FOA.
- Assist hiring manager for consultant interviews.
- Mentor new consultants and junior engineers for technical capabilities; provide escalation management.
- Lead crises management bridges for the Change Management Processes.
- Merger support onboarding network infrastructure, analyze and provision network components; Lead related management activities.
- Install Cisco 2600, 2900, 3600 and 3800 Series router to provide Monitoring support for FiOS Network.
- Install Cisco 2900, 3500, 3600 and ME3400 Series Switches to provide Monitoring support for FiOS Network.
- Install MRV LX8040 and LX8020 to provide reverse telnet to Network devices.
- Install Juniper Netscreen 208 and SSG350 Firewalls to protect Verizon network from FiOS users.
- Install Cisco 6500, 5500, 4500 Series Switches and Arista 7010, 7280’s to support Data Center/Development Network.
- Install Cisco ASR1000, 4500e, 3650 and Arista 7010 to support IPTV and Development Network.
- Install Cisco 7600, ASR1000, 4500e and Juniper MX960 Series routers to support VMN/IDN Backbone.
- Install Altion and F5 Load Balancers.
- Configure, BGP, MPLS, OSPF, IS-IS, Ripv2, EIGRP, IPSEC, VPN, 802.1q, STP, RSTP, MSTP and VLAN
- Troubleshoot T1, T3, OC3, GigE and 10GigE circuits that support VMN/IDN Backbone for IPTV and Data Centers.
- Provide Network performance monitoring using Ciscoworks, InfoVista and Smarts applications.
- Troubleshoot Network issues related to network performance or network equipment.
- Order replacement parts from Vendors for defected network equipment.
- Assist network field technicians for replaces defected parts.
- Reconfigure replaced Network Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Load Balancers and Term Servers.
- Provide Network capacity analysis.
Tier I support
- Provide first level troubleshooting of IP Network Alarms.
- Provide first level troubleshooting of X.25 Network Alarms.
- Provide network related troubleshooting for application support team.
Verizon Communication (Virginia) (Sep. 1999 – Jun. 2004)
Role: Systems Engineer
Create technical processes for the UNIX/Linux servers and Workstations capacity planning for future applications; Analyze current network circuit capacity; Provide executive level recommendation for circuit upgrades; Evaluate vendor software for product selection; Deploy new application to service representative’s workstations; Create MOP for future deployments; Consolidate Server by moving them to date centers.
- Provide SSNS server (SUN E4500's and E3500's) capacity planning for all consumer LOB rollout and growth in MDVW and NPD (over 45 Verizon sites).
- Design network & capacity planning tools to support in size and growth requirements for SSNS, ET, EWEB and E-Servers.
- Provide analysis for migration from Pipes to MQ Series Middleware. Develop test plans and execute test for network capacity (using sniffer), functionality testing and performance testing.
- Provide capacity planning recommendations to decommission SPARC 1000 used by SN2 Business Application. Use Network sniffer to analyzed current bandwidth used between Client PC's and Sparc 1000 Servers.
- Analyzed and Test two Bandwidth reduction software’s (Tarantella and Graphon) for SSNS Application.
- Provide scheduling for Graphon software deployment to 45 Verizon site with over 10,000 Client PC's.
- Provide detail Network and Server capacity analysis for Server Consolidation project. Decrease SUN enterprise Server Count from 130 to 38.
- Troubleshoot LAN and WAN network for application slow response issues reported by Clients. Used Sniffer to collect data from Cisco 4500, 5500, 6500 series Switches and Cisco 2500, 3600 and 7000 series routers.
- Provide detailed CTI infrastructure planning requirements & server capacity sizing for deployment to NPD region, in Phase I of pilot.
- Provide support for the software & network deployment and client verification plans.
- Using Winrunner provide account registration for vz.com.
- Provide Application and Network Analysis for SSP and Cofee FTTP Application.
- Provide future deployment plan for SSP and Cofee Applications throughout Verizon footprint for Retail Market and Small Business office.
Former GTE Government Systems Corporation (Sep. 1998 – Sep. 1999)
Role: Network Engineer
Network data collection; Data analysis utilizing software modeling tools; Present analytical results and recommendations to DOD executives; Analyze, design and optimize current LAN, WAN infrastructure at DOD locations; Check Y2K complaint of network elements.
- Site survey: Responsible for pre-site coordination, customer in briefing, onsite data collection agendas, and concluding trip reports. On site survey, collected data from Cisco 2900, 4500, 5500 and 6500 series switches and Cisco 2500, 3600 and 7000 series routers.
- Modeling: Utilize networks analysis and monitoring tools for data collection and troubleshooting purposes. Used network-modeling tools for simulation, analysis, and forecasting.
- Adhoc support: Design and optimize communication networks and information systems, including LANs and WANs that handle voice and data traffic. Analyze networks and perform cost/performance trade-off studies by evaluating network design alternatives, as well as identifying bottlenecks and other network deficiencies. Organized a database computer at customer site and provide the customer with weekly update report.
- Y2K: Test different venders Fax machines for year 2000 complaint and recommend replacement or update of the Fax machines for FDIC. Run Tivoli software on Navy Hospital computers to collect data regarding computer hardware and software complaint with year 2000.
ACTIVITIES, AWARDS, CERTIFICATES
CCNA, CCNP, CCIE Written (expired 5/2017) and JNCIA expired
Completed Cisco CCNP Training program (ICND, BSCN, BCMSN, BCRAN, CIT and CID)
ARS (Automation Research Systems), Limited
Completed MCSE Training program
IKON Education Center
Completed CCIE LAB boot camp Program
Ipexpert.com (Training take place at Cisco Lab in Richardson TX)
If you need a profile similar to this please contact us. We are always looking for new opportunities and have a plethora of qualified engineers and can meet most requests.