DevOps Engineer • Team Lead
IIS WEB SYSTEMS ADMIN • SENIOR SYSTEMS NETWORK ENGINEER
Customer-focused technology engineer with extensive IT experience and a proven ability to design, procure and manage critical IT infrastructure components, including Windows server networks. Assesses business needs, user requirements and growth considerations, seamlessly expanding IT capabilities while providing exceptional user support. Builds and manages teams of IT professionals. Continuously reviews IT operations, identifying opportunities to maximize efficiency and uptime while minimizing costs.
IT Infrastructure • Security • Network & Web Servers Connectivity • Automated IT Reporting •
Troubleshooting • End User Support • Project Management Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity •
Data Migrations • Equipment Procurement • Data Centers Hardware & Software • Application
Development • Staging & Production Environments • Patching • Release Management
Torchmark Affiliates now Globe Life • 10/2012-Present
DevOps Engineer : WebOps Team Lead.
IIS 7.5 - 10 Web Systems Admin: Support the immediate need for IIS websites for both DMZ and intranet applications. Migrated intranet applications from 32-bit to 64-bit new IIS 7.5 and IIS 8.5 web farms with A10 VIPS.
• Architected and implemented HA 2012R2 Web Farms for DMZ, intranet ASP.net applications.
• Migrated over 200 sites to 2012R web farms for ASP.net, .NET Framework, WCF applications.
• Architected and implemented PCI HA web farms for tokenization infrastructure for PCI-DSS1
• Supported Sentinet, MS ServiceBus, IdentityServer, Portal sites, custom in-house applications.
• Introduced security best practices for IIS using Service Accounts and replacing Network Service as the default.
• Created the business case and justification to build a WebOps team to support ongoing DevOps needs.
• Created, managed and trained my team of 3 members as the WebOps Team Lead.
• Worked as a consultant on intake projects.
• Introduced the concept of utilizing Secret Server API for managed users and keys.
• Managed the release and approval process for change controls.
• Designed and created over 20 web farms using A10 ACOS Thunder 3030 for load balancing, shared
configs and replication with DFS-R.
• PowerShell Scripting for checking and managing IIS details and automation scripting for releases.
• Helped to support AWS servers for large in-house sales application.
• Worked with developers to install new applications for their IVR web service running .NET 4.0
• Ran network tools against the server web farms determine security issues and addressed the issues.
• Provided a business analysis assessment of the current environment and the desired environment.
• Assessed the NLB clusters and provided network suggestions on IP usage and network affinity requirements. Suggested the addition of Application Request Routing and round robin approach to optimize server performance. Gave instructions on how to use the tools of IIS like Worker Processes to identify page loads. Suggested adding Fault Trace Routing for troubleshooting. Demonstrated Perfmon to analyze the individual requests while training IIS support personnel.
WEBWAX DESIGN STUDIO, Ormond Beach, Florida & Carrollton, Texas • 2003-2012
Website design and development firm specializing in multimedia development.
Web Designer/Admin, Owner: Develop and maintain client websites. Create online survey tools. Work
closely with client teams to gather business requirements and create custom technology solutions. Design print marketing collateral, including flyers, brochures and directories (print and online).
• Skillfully managed development cycles working with teams of developers on various projects, including a freelance resource located in Kyrgyzstan.
• Created concept and platform for innovative custom streaming and broadcasting service for wedding industry (LiveWeddingBroadcast.tv) and received StartupNation.com innovation award.
• Set up and maintained Flash Communication Server 1.5, Flash Media Interactive Server 3.5 and IIS
6, IIS 7 web farm servers to support business functions Windows 2003 - Windows 2008.
ACADEMIES OF EXCELLENCE, Ormond Beach, Florida • 10/2004-3/2005 contract
Start-up private school serving elementary and intermediate grades.
Web Server Administrator: Created technical infrastructure for start-up private school offering elementary and intermediate education. Configured network between office and school building, including client-toserver connections and OS installations. Enabled remote access by establishing RAS server in office.
• Provided key technical leadership to newly formed organization, using server subject matter expertise to enhance capabilities.
• Skillfully managed customer relationships, winning contract extension due to excellent performance.
SONY ERICSSON, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina • 2001-2003
Leading mobile device manufacturer with operations worldwide.
Senior Systems Network Engineer / Development Support Specialist: Migrated all Internet applications to Windows 2000 domain. Maintained Microsoft IIS web servers for 100+ departmental websites. Designed, procured and implemented staging and production web environment, content management and replication servers, deploying Compaq / Dell / HP hardware, MS NT Server 4.0, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, IIS 4.0 / 5.0, MTS & Component Services, Site Server 3.0, SQL 7.0 / 2000, Oracle 8i, Crystal Reports Server and FrontPage Server Extensions.
Designed and implemented NT, TCP/IP and IIS security measures and standards, ensuring compliance
with company’s global IT security policies. Provided troubleshooting and user support services for hardware and software assets. Implemented and maintained website and server log-in procedures, setting up automated reporting for hits, utilization and other statistics. Played key role in authoring web environment standards and formulating SDK toolkit to promote application development and server side-component standards. Migrated data center using NLBS and Clustering with Network Appliance’s 960 and project planning tools. Designed 1U Web Farm for redundancy and recovery and migrated applications to Windows 2000 infrastructure. Supported custom in-house ISAPI applications with development team.
• Delivered mission-critical subject matter expertise on IIS and SQL requirements and managed
migration from development to staging and production for the Intranet / Help Desk Support tools.
• Skillfully handled initial role – investigating network needs for the North Carolina group and bringing the network to Dallas – and subsequently managed major server upgrade projects.
• Succeeded in role despite scarce resources, information and support, accurately identifying
stakeholders, requirements and data needed to complete tasks with no supervision.
TSPNET.COM • 2000 • Vice President of Technical Services: Created technical infrastructure from the
ground up, procuring servers and networking equipment while building an 8-member team comprising developers, designers and a network engineer. Led project to build a customized e-commerce-enabled turnkey solution with CMS and 24/7 merchant TID approval, delivering system within 8 months of start up.
Deployed Windows 2000 Servers, SQL 2000, Exchange 5.5, IIS 5.0 and Site Server 3.0 to support staging
and production environment.
GTE INTERNETWORKING • 1999-2000 • Senior Systems Network Engineer: Maintained and
administered www.gte.net for 24/7 and CGI servers (total of 20). Implemented and administered 2000 client FrontPage websites using NT 4.0, IIS 4.0 and FrontPage Server Extensions. Managed load balancing, content replication services and procedural builds. Conducted tests, including Y2K readiness testing.
Installed custom COM objects. Managed 40K FTP accounts using LDAP and IIS/FTP services.
THE WILKINS GROUP, INC. • 1996-1999 • Web Developer & Web Site Administrator: Created and
administered websites using IIS 1- IIS 4.0 and FrontPage Server Extensions. Set up and administered SQL 6.5 databases. Maintained two MS DNS servers in an NT 4.0 PDC / BDC network.
• IIS (ALL Versions 1-10) SME
• Apache Tomcat (Intermediate)
• HTML / XML
• CSS3 / HTML 5 / ASP /
AS / ASC
• SDLC management/governance
• Application Troubleshooting Expert
• Windows Server (NT, 2000, 2003, 2008 R2, 2012R2. 2016)
• SQL Server 6.5, 7.0, 2000, 2008 Express
• PowerShell scripting IIS (Intermediate)
• Access Database 97-2007
• Flash Media Server
• Adobe Create Suite CS 5.5 / FrontPage
• Graphic design / Multimedia Certifications Achieved
• AWS Certified Solutions
Architect - Associate
Certification Date Jun 2018 – Jun 2020
• Adobe Flash CS3
Certified Sep 2012
• A10 Certified Engineer for Application Delivery
Oct 2014 – Present License 14AUS3F
• ITIL Foundation
Certificate in IT Service Management
Oct 2015 – Present
• In Process – linux training via Udemy
• Amazon Web Services Architecting
• Amazon Web Services SysOps
• A10 Networks ACOS Application Load Balancing
• Mastering Web Development (Visual InterDev)
• Accelerated Training for SQL Server 6.5
• Secure Web Access Using Proxy Server 2.0
• Implementing Internet Explorer 4.0
• Implementing Site Server 3.0
• Creating & Configuring a Web Server (IIS 4.0)
• Supporting Microsoft Cluster Server
• Using TCP/IP
• Administering NT 4.0
If you need a profile similar to this please contact us. We are always looking for new opportunities and have a plethora of qualified engineers and can meet most requests.